Wehrmachtschlepper was part of a new generation of simplified halftrack's designed
and developed by Büssing-NAG
the original order was for 7,500 units over the coming years. The most notable
change of this generation of halftrack was the use single dry pin steel tracks,
which were used instead of the rubber capped type normally associated with halftrack's.
Production was to commence in spring 1943, but the first vehicles did not appear
until December 1943. Production never looked like reaching the monthly figure
for hundred and 150 units per month and by September 1944. only 381 sWS had been
delivered Gallery: Sources:
German Military Vehicles.
Armoured Fighting Vehicles of Germany World War II.
Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World Two.
For a complete list of sources