28 April 1942 to 6 February 1944
4 October 1941
28 April 1942
1935/39 Type Minesweeper/Minensuchboot
M 1 Class
685 tons standard 878 tons full load
2 × Lentz uniform expansion engines
producing up to 3,200 shp
5,000 nautical miles at 10 knots
90 men and officers
2 × 10.5 cm L/45
carried 480 rounds
2 × 3.7 cm L/83 SK C/30
carried 3000 rounds
2 × 2 cm MG L/65 C/30
carried 4000 rounds
4 × 2 cm MG L/65 C/30 after 1942
carried 6000 rounds
The M 156 Minesweeper (Minensuchboot) was built in the 1940s
shipyard located in Stettin, Germany as a
minesweeper or escort vessel for the Kriegsmarine.
Construction was longitudinal and ransverse frame of steel construction,
which was partly welded, this vessel also had twelve watertight
compartments and a double bottom. The superstructure, Bridge
etc was made from light alloys. The propulsion system installed
in these vessels was the two Lentz uniform expansion engines.
And when used as minesweepers the Kabel Fern Raum Gerät
(KFRG) system was employed, which used generators producing
60 V, 20 kW to power the magnetic sweeping gear.
This vessel went on to serve in the 6. Minensuchflottille and 7. Minensuchflottille
during World War II.
28 April 1942
The Minesweeper M 156 is commissioned.
The Minesweeper M 156 served with the following flotilla's
6. Minensuchflottille and 7. Minensuchflottille.
5 February 1944
The Minesweeper M 156 sustains damage after engaging with
British destroyers of Brittany coast.
6 February 1944
The Minesweeper M 156 is sunk after being attacked by Allied
aircraft, at 1045 hrs, at L'Abervrach.
German Warships, 1815-1945: Major Surface Vessels.
German Warships, 1815-1945: U-boats and Mine Warfare Vessels.
German warships of the Second World War.
For a complete list of sources