26 June 1943 to 1945
7 August 1942
26 June 1943
1938 Type Minesweeper/Minensuchboot
M 25 Class
713 tons standard 908 tons full load
2 × Lentz uniform expansion engines
producing up to 3,200 shp
2 × Voith-Schneider
5,000 nautical miles at 10 knots
90 men and officers
2 × 10.5 cm L/45
carried 480 rounds
3 × 2 cm MG L/65 C/30
carried 6000 rounds
The M 34 Minesweeper (Minensuchboot) was built in the 1940s
shipyard located in Lübeck,
Germany as a minesweeper or escort vessel for the Kriegsmarine.
Construction was longitudinal and ransverse frame of steel construction,
which was partly welded, this vessel also had thirteen watertight
compartments and a double bottom. The propulsion system installed
in these vessels was the two Lentz uniform expansion engines.
And when used as minesweepers the Kabel Fern Raum Gerät
(KFRG) system was employed, which used generators producing
60 V, 20 kW to power the magnetic sweeping gear.
This vessel went on to serve in the 8. Minensuchflottille during World
26 June 1943
The Minesweeper M 34 is commissioned.
The Minesweeper M 34 becomes operational with the 8. Minensuchflottille.
3 February 1946
The Minesweeper M 34 is seized as a prize of war by the Russians.
The Minesweeper M 34 is transferred to the Black Sea fleet
as a T 9 class minesweeper.
German Warships, 1815-1945: Major Surface Vessels.
German Warships, 1815-1945: U-boats and Mine Warfare Vessels.
German warships of the Second World War.
For a complete list of sources