1944 to 11 April 1945
19 April 1944
1940 Type Minesweeper/Minensuchboot
M 261 Class
543 tons standard 775 tons full load
2 × vertical 3 cylinder triple expansion
engines producing up to 2,150 shp
4,000 nautical miles at 10 knots
65 men and officers
1 × 10.5 cm L/45
carried 120 rounds
1 × 3.7 cm L/83 SK C/30
carried 2000 rounds
2 × 2 cm MG L/65 C/30
carried 4000 rounds
7 × 2 cm MG L/65 C/30 after 1941
carried 14000 rounds
The M 376 Minesweeper (Minensuchboot) was built in the 1940s
shipyard located in Elbing, Germany as a
minesweeper or escort vessel for the Kriegsmarine.
Construction was transverse frame of steel construction,
which was partly welded, this vessel also had eleven watertight
compartments and a double bottom with hard chine foreship and tug stern. The superstructure, Bridge etc was armored
up to 10 mm in thickness. The propulsion system installed
in these vessels was the two vertical three cylinder triple
expansion engines. And when used as minesweepers the Kabel
Fern Raum Gerat (KFRG) system was employed, which used generators
producing 60 V, 20 kW to power the magnetic sweeping gear.
The Minesweeper M 376 is commissioned as the TS 10.
11 April 1945
The Minesweeper M 376 is sunk after being attacked Allied
aircraft, near Hela.
German Warships, 1815-1945: Major Surface Vessels.
German Warships, 1815-1945: U-boats and Mine Warfare Vessels.
German warships of the Second World War.
For a complete list of sources