1940 to 1957
3 October 1940
1937-43 Type R-boat/Räumboot
110 tons standard 126 tons full load
2 × MWM RS 127 Su 6 × cylinder
4 stroke diesel engines producing up to 1,800 ehp
2 × Voith-Schneider
1,100 nautical miles at 15 knots
31 men and officers
1 × 3.7 cm L/83 SK C/30 later
carried 1000 rounds
2 × 2 cm MG L/65 C/30
carried 2000 rounds
The R155 R-boat (Räumboot) was built in the 1940s by Burmester
shipyard located in Burg-Lesum, Germany as a minesweeper or escort vessel for the Kriegsmarine.
And which served in the 7.
during the Second World War.
And after the capitulation of the Third Reich was employed in the German Mine Sweeping Administration
(GMSA) which was controlled
by the allies.
The R-boat R155 is commissioned.
The R-boat R155 becomes operational with the 7.
The R-boat R155 serves with the German Mine Sweeping Administration
1 December 1945
The R-boat R155 is seized as a prize of war by the Danish.
The R-boat R155 is renamed MR155.
The MR155 is renamed Bognaes.
The Bognaes is stricken from naval records.
The Bognaes is transferred to N J Nomikos of Piraeus as the
motor ferry, Faethon.
German Warships, 1815-1945: Major Surface Vessels.
German Warships, 1815-1945: U-boats and Mine Warfare Vessels.
German warships of the Second World War.
For a complete list of sources