1944 to 21 January 1949
27 October 1944
1937-43 Type R-boat/Räumboot
140 tons standard 150 tons full load
2 × MWM RS 127 Su 6 × cylinder
4 stroke diesel engines producing up to 2,800 ehp
1,100 nautical miles at 15 knots
37 men and officers
1 × 3.7 cm L/83 SK C/30
carried 1000 rounds
6 × 2 cm MG L/65 C/30
carried 2000 rounds
2 × 8.6 cm rocket launchers
The R404 R-boat (Räumboot) was built in the 1940s by Abeking
shipyard located in Lemwerder, Germany as a minesweeper or escort vessel for the Kriegsmarine.
And which served in the 16.
during the Second World War.
And after the capitulation of the Third Reich was employed in the German Mine Sweeping Administration
(GMSA) which was controlled
by the allies.
The R-boat R404 is commissioned.
The R-boat R404 becomes operational with the 16.
The R-boat R404 serves with the German Mine Sweeping Administration
27 November 1947
The R-boat R404 is seized as a prize of war by the USA.
26 May 1948
The R-boat R404 is transferred to E Albrecht of Bonn, motor
21 January 1949
The Libelle is transferred to Gebr Luwen of Duisburg, as an
German Warships, 1815-1945: Major Surface Vessels.
German Warships, 1815-1945: U-boats and Mine Warfare Vessels.
German warships of the Second World War.
For a complete list of sources